Friday, January 19, 2024

Humidity, Dewpoint and Hair

This post works best as a video. I have other posts from which this one is derived, but I think it's easier to absorb in the video format. And there are some "walk through a day" of humidity to illustrate how it can vary over one day, or from day to day.

I'd made a video like this a few years ago - I was pouring water into beakers. And it was just alright. But I figured the sound would make people need to run to the bathroom. So - do-over!

If humidity-resistance is important to you, here is my product-list of ingredients with humidity-resisting ingredients

It's really important to understand how temperature, dew point and relative humidity relate to one another. Then you can begin to interpret your hair's behavior under different conditions. 


If you have a specific humidity/dewpoint scenario you'd like addressed - leave a comment on the blog or on YouTube.

Subscribe on Bloglovin (below), or follow me on Facebook (as GoosefootPrints) Or Instagram to be updated with future posts!

References: 
Chemical and Physical Behavior of Human Hair 
Robbins, 1994. 3rd Ed. Springer-Verlag, New York

Gao T. Evaluation of hair humidity resistance/moisturization from hair elasticity. J Cosmet Sci. 2007 Jul-Aug;58(4):393-404. PMID: 17728940.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realise you were posting regularly again! This is probably the only blog I follow. Thanks for all your research. Can you do an article about cholesterol for hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zee! Yes, I'm back. Cholesterol for hair in products or in DIY treatments? That sounds interesting. It's on the to-do list. Thanks for sticking with the blog! -W

      Delete